Statement of Faith
"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
These five essentials are the center of the Christian faith. They are personal beliefs that mark a Christ-follower. They are not unique to any denomination, heritage, creed or preference.
- I believe the Bible is inspired, without error and the final authority in my faith and life. (Ps.19:7-11; II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:20-21).
- I believe Jesus Christ is exactly who He claimed to be (Lk. 22:70; Jn. 4:25-26; 6:29; 8:58; 14:6-7; 15:5). I believe He is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human (Matt. 1:20; Hebrews 1:1-3). He died as my substitute to pay the penalty for my sin (Is. 53:6). He physically rose from the dead and he physically ascended into heaven and will one day physically return as reigning King (Acts. 1:11).
- I have repented of my sins and have been made a new creation in Christ (I Jn. 1:9; II Cor. 5:17).
- I am a Christ-follower saved from the eternal wrath of God by faith alone in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, through his death and resurrection, by which I am assured of eternal life (Jn. 3:16-18; Rm. 3:23-26).
- In obedience to Scripture, I have been baptized after my conversion to personally identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, and to publicly demonstrate my commitment as a disciple of Jesus (Col. 2:12; I Pet. 3:21).