Becoming A Movement
Zion holds six values that shape who we are and what we do.Â They enableÂ us to move beyond being just a gathering of Jesus-followersÂ into a missional movement, changing the world for Jesus.
- It's All About Jesus.Â He created everything, holds it together. We believe that when anyone fallsÂ before Jesus he receives them and leads them into an abundant life now, not just eternal life later. (John 15:5;Â Eph. 1:22-23)
- Growing Disciples Grow Disciples.Â Jesus' departing command was to make disciples.Â Any follower of Jesus, that is healthy and growing, is doing thatÂ singular thing.Â They are engaging in the life long journey of becoming like Jesus by embodying his message and helping others do the same.Â It is what turns faith into a sweeping movement of transformation. (Matt. 28:19;Â I Cor. 11:1)
- Plant the Gospel Wide and Deep.Â Jesus changed the worldÂ by coming intoÂ the world and living among us.Â We must do the same.Â The message of JesusÂ best goes out when his followers live it out. (John 20:21;Â I Cor. 9:19-23)
- Our Conversion is Our Commission.Â We are all missionaries.Â We are all sent out to help people far from God discover life in Jesus. (Eph. 4:11-16; I Cor. 3:6-9)
- Root and Release.Â This simple structure enables our influence to constantly increase.Â We root ourselves in what makes Zion unique.Â We are released to chase mission opportunities in our communities. (Acts 1:8; Acts 15)
- Take New Ground Together.Â We do not exist for ourselves.Â However, we share an amazing bond that is only experienced by helping others, together. Â Because we aim at mission, we experience great community along the way. Â Our faith is an adventure. (II Cor. 11:24-28; Psalm 119:71)Â
For a better understanding of these core values please contact one of Zion's campus pastors or leaders.